Further to the inaugural meeting of National Game Network on 20th January 2019 a meeting report which contains details of the discussions held is available for download, along with a copy of the full meeting minutes.
In addition to the report there are a number of documents, action points, information and links which were requested by those present at the meeting to be shared with the National Game Network which are linked at the end of this article.
As you will be aware, there are two seats remaining to be elected as representatives of the National Game Network on the National Council, which meets quarterly and hosts representatives from all areas of the game.
We would like to formally call members of the National Game Network to stand for nomination to these seats. National Game Network members will have until midnight on Friday 29th March to submit their nominations or intention to stand.
To stand as a National Game Network Representative you must complete and submit the nomination form, be a member of an organisation which operates in the National Game (supporters of a club competing within the Welsh Football Pyramid and those tiers of the English game which operate below Football League) and be affiliated to The Unified Football Supporters Organisation.
For a supporters organisation to be affiliated it must;
- Have a written constitution
- Their membership must be open to all supporters of the relevant football club at an affordable fee, if any
- The operation of the organisation must be independent of the football club (unless that organisation is a Trust that is the direct owner of its football club)
- The organisation must have a democratic structure and decision-making process, based on one member, one vote
- The majority of the organisation’s governing committee must be elected by the membership, either at a general meeting or by postal or online ballot
- The organisation must publish either audited or certified annual accounts or at least ones approved by its membership at an AGM
- The organisation must keep track of its membership, holding basic details of each current member
- The organisation must adopt a diversity policy (a template can be supplied)
- Agree to become a member by completing details HERE.
If your Supporters Trust or Supporters Group meets the above criteria and agrees to become a member, please complete your details via the above link.
The agreed election policy which nominees agree to be bound by can be found here.
In the event of a contested election, whereby we receive more nominations than seats available, a ballot will be held and results announced at our next Network meeting, date to be announced.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact staff working on the National Game Network: Nicola Cave firstname.lastname@example.org, Andy Walsh email@example.com or Maria Horner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nomination form for National Game Network
- Action points, information and links
- Governance reform paper
- National Game Network standing orders
- National Council elections protocol
Thanks to James Boyes for the image used in this article. Reproduced here under Creative Commons license.